13 November 2015

The Deal With: Hello

Adele is back and I may or may not have cried. Okay, I cried. Okay, fine, I held my dog and cried.
And I love her new song. Been hearing it on repeat for a solid week. Notice, how I chose the lyric video and not the original one?
 That's because the video sucks wildly. Its long, odd with whats-his-face from 90210 pretending as though he could ever walk away from Adele. And what is up with all the flip phones. Did she film this in the 90's?
No, wait. That's not possible. The dude whose-name-I-cant-be-bothered-to-look-up-because-he-is-irrelevant would have been a baby then.
But then, a new player emerged in the field. A Korean school student recorded a cover of herself singing the song and a friend on the piano in the back and she freaking SLAYS IT!
There are not enough words for me to describe how amazingly she nails it. I am a cover hound, and I have heard several ones which are actually quite good, but this one is so good that. *looks around* is slightly better than the original Adele one. Blasphemy!
I have no idea what her name is and who she is, but I want to steal her vocal chords.

No comments:

Post a Comment